19 August 2021 – The Republic of Niger, Niamey, is the ECOWAS member state hosting the 3rd ECOWAS Mining & Petroleum Forum (ECOMOF 2021), is now taking place on 1 – 3 December 2021, at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Center, Niamey, to allow some high profile government officials to be present.
Under the theme “Integrating the Mining and Petroleum Industries in the development of Regional Value Chains”, the 3rd edition of ECOMOF is organised by the ECOWAS Commission, the Government of the Republic of Niger and AME Trade.
The event is one of the largest mining events in West Africa and brings together the highest-ranking government delegations from the ECOWAS West African Member States which includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The last edition of the event happened in 2018 in Cote d’Ivoire and welcomed 2000+ visitors, 550+ participants, 51 speakers and 59 exhibitors from 29 countries. The event gathers the key public and private sector decision makers in the West African mining and petroleum industries.
Why Niger in 2021?
Niger’s economy is rapidly developing as the GDP growth was estimated at 6.2% in 2019 and is expected to rise 6.5% in 2020. Niger’s economy is in strong growing development as it aims to diversify the mineral production, extend its investor base, develop infrastructure, and position the country as a friendly market for investments in Mining and Petroleum. ECOMOF 2021 is the first international mining event in the country and represents a unique opportunity to seal new business deals.
ECOMOF 2021 conference will:
- Promote the mining and oil potential of member states;
- Ensure the socio-economic integration of the West African region;
- Harmonise legal, regulatory and taxation instruments;
- Catalyse and develop artisanal and small-scale mining;
- Establish, develop and organise geological, mining and oil databases for member states;
- Develop human resources and create a network of experts;
- Use the mining and petroleum industries to develop community infrastructure;
- Add value to mining and petroleum products and strengthen trade in these products;
- Promote corporate social responsibility and increase stakeholders’ awareness of the development issues of their local communities.
The delegates attending ECOMOF 2021 will have the unique opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge by attending a variety of conference sessions, workshops and roundtables, with industry experts;
- Develop their network as ECOMOF creates a favourable environment to B2B development;
- Access in first-hand the latest technologies, products and services for the mining and petroleum sectors in West Africa;
- Have the unique opportunity of showcase their products and services at a regional level;
- Strengthen and develop new linkages between all sections of the mining and petroleum supply chain.
The 2021 edition already has confirmed Global Atomic, OM Goldstone Resources, Goviex Uranium, Endeavour, NIGELEC and IRD as sponsors. The 2021 participants can join ECOMOF 2021 as Delegate, Sponsor, Exhibitor and Speaker, by registering via https://ametrade.org/event/ecomof-2021/ or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
WhyAfrica provides you with business intelligence that matters. WhyAfrica specialises in African affairs and natural resources. Africa is our business, and we want it to be yours too. To subscribe to WhyAfrica’s free newsletter or digital magazine, and for more news on Africa, visit the website at www.whyafrica.co.za or send a direct message